Maple Bud Re-revisited

I adjusted the final focal length for better sharpness

I noted in the previous 8x enlargement of the terminal bud that there was some funky unsharpness away from center. So I adjusted the spacing between the tube lens (a thing a microscope using ‘infinite conjugate’ objectives must use) and the film plane to be closer to the native focal length of the tube lens.

The result was better sharpness away from center, as I was hoping. This also changed the magnification, here it is closer to 10x, the native magnification of the objective I used.

The framing is not as interesting to me, but I’m all about sharpness.